Saturday, April 11, 2009

The End of a Decade

Ten years ago [in May] we came to Lubbock for undergraduate school at Texas Tech. We never left.....
We accepted an offer on our house last week ~ it's official...
with cold feet and heavy hearts we are movin' on.

I wasn't really sure what kind of an impact moving was making on Aiden until we were pulling into the drive one afternoon. From the back seat I heard an emotion-choked little voice say, "Mom, I am really gonna' miss our home."

I couldn't have said it better myself!
Lots of people have joked with us over the last several months that it will be so hard for us to leave behind the 'dream house' that we built here. However, I am always quick to correct them. We will miss much more than our house.
We have built a home here in this flat, wind-blown, dust-covered, west Texas town.

...the beautiful sunsets on the never-ending horizons... our wonderful neighbors... birth of a child... the cotton... community... good memories... all the people we have come to know here...
For the last ten years, this has been home ~

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i am so glad that your house sold! you are on to building more happy memories in a beautiful place! we will miss the clarks. y'all are a wonderful family. :)

Nordy's said...

I am happy and sad for you - but it will be great to be back with Lonnie and have your family together again. You tell sweet little Aiden, that Jayden still talks about him every day and that your family will make a new home in Colorado. Let me know if you need us to come help you pack!

Unknown said...

I think it's a great picture of you! Now you are immortalized on our blog... Thanks for all your help with the garage sale!

Unknown said...

oh so true. I still miss lubbock a year later. best kept secret.

Melissa Smith said...

what is the latest?? Are you in a house or renting?? Are you liking it? does lonnie like his job?