Last night I noticed that "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" was showing on television. Even though we watch it every year, I figured Aiden did not remember seeing it before so I asked him if he would like to watch it.
He turned to me with obvious concern and asked me if the Grinch is real. I'm thinking to myself that he is worried because he is afraid of the Grinch. So I assure him that the Grinch is not real, that he is just a character someone made up.
With relief he says, "I'm so happy that the Grinch isn't real and that Christmas can't be broken."
....I couldn't help but smile....I'm glad Christmas can't be broken either.
Over the upcoming weeks, I am going to have to remind myself of this conversation and the wisdom of my five-year-old son. When I am
...fighting crowds at the store...
...waiting in holiday traffic...
...running all over town searching for that one gift...
...and when we are spending Christmas with my in-laws!
There are nine children in Lonnie's family. Add seven spouses and twenty-nine grandchildren and put everyone in a house that is made to hold a family of six. There is no other way to describe these gatherings than pure and utter chaos!
BUT........I will remember the spirit of the event we are gathering to celebrate, will be grateful to gather with family, and most of all will remember that Christmas cannot be broken ~


6 comments:
do you really have your stockings hung already? wow- you're amazing... and, i can't believe how much your girls look like you... aiden's adorable
do you have your tree up too? i'm impressed! love the new pix.
You're kids are soo big and sooo cute! I love to be able to keep up!
I WISH I already had my Christmas decorations up! I cheated...
...this is a pic from our first Christmas in this house. It makes me sad to think that this will be our last Christmas in this house [if we can EVER get it sold!!]
I am also glad that Christmas can't be broken... don't they say some of the most amazing things?
I would love to take pictures of your family! Any ideas about when or where?? I pretty much can do it anytime after school or on the weekends. Just let me know whats good for you guys :)
Post a Comment