Wednesday, December 10, 2008

And the Award for Mother of the Year goes to.......

So on Monday, Lonnie was able to pick the kids up from school. Aiden called me on the way home and told me he was 'Star of the Week' this week. For those of you unfamiliar, this is a VERY big deal at their school. It involves bringing a 'Star Poster' with pictures and information you want to share about yourself to display in your classroom and bringing a treat to share with your class on Friday afternoon during your 'Star Party.' Basically you are the star of the class for the week. And.......
I FORGOT! .....Needless to say, I was up late Monday night creating a Star poster to take to school Tuesday morning.

In my own defense, I have been a little busy. Last night I hosted a RS Christmas dinner for church. We had a sit down dinner for 70 people ~ in my house!
I never really got a good photo, but the tables were beautifully decorated, the program was great, dinner was good and everything went smoothly. It was a nice evening. I just need to get my house back together~

Now it's on to planning Kenzie's birthday party on Friday, finishing the Christmas shopping and getting the gifts wrapped.....
Merry Christmas!

4 comments:

Melissa Smith said...

well that makes me feel better. I always thought you were perfect. Miss you guys.

Nordy's said...

You are Wonder Woman! 70 people... that is insane! Tell Aidan we miss him, and Jayden already knew he was a star!

Texas Dimons said...

I have totally done that and I didn't have a dinner to blame it on!!

Bliss said...

You ARE mother of the year and the dinner/house/hostess was perfect!