Thursday, December 18, 2008

Happy Birthday Mackenzie!

Tomorrow night at 10:55 p.m. Mackenzie will officially be a TEENAGER!

Here's a quick glance at the last 13 years ~

This little girl had a rough start! She was born with a Tracheo-esophageal Fistula [an extra part if you will] connecting her Trachea and Esophagus. She underwent major surgery four days after she was born to correct the problem. This photo was taken on Christmas Eve 1995. Not exactly how we envisioned spending our first Christmas with our new baby ~


Three months later, she was strong and relatively healthy; you would never know this little one had such a beginning ~


~ Look at this cute baby [and her baby-faced daddy] ~


Mackenzie was a great big sister from the start. Maybe I should remind her more often how excited she was when Lauren came along.....hmmm...


Mackenzie has always been a very social person ~


This poor, deprived child has spent two of her birthdays at Disney World!



First year at Girl's Camp this past summer!


....This picture captures Kenzie's attitude perfectly!



How did she grow-up so fast?


Thirteen years......I'm not sure where they went ~ [I feel so old!]


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

happy b-day! it is hard to believe she is a teenager! :)

Nordy's said...

I love the pictures! Happy belated birthday to you MacKenzie! Jayden sure wishes she could come and spend some time with you!